I’m trying to be better and here I am, June 1st, putting down the May books. Also, Happy birthday Zack! So the weather must be getting nicer or else I just missed reading. Or both. I read quite a bit in May, which is a little surprising as I was crazy busy that month. Here we go!
May (17 books)
- Angel – Johanna Lindsey*
- The Crown – Keira Cass
- Love, Beer, and Chocolate – Violet Duke^
- Because of Miss Bridgerton – Julia Quinn
- The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle – Rick Riordan
- The Sassy Belles – Beth Albright
- The Five Deaths of Roxanne Love – Erin Quinn
- Me Before You – Jojo Moyes^
- Between the Lines – Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer^
- Off the Page – Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer^
- Cinderella: A Modern Adult Fairy Tale – May Sage^
- The Heir and the Spare – Emily Albright^
- The One That Got Away – A.J. Pine^
- Marry Me for Money – Mia Kayla^
- Her Backup Boyfriend – Ashlee Mallory^
- Claiming Victory – Beverley Watts^
- Love Me Tender – Ally Blake^
And there it is, my wealth of books. I started out with an all-time favorite and the momentum continued. The Crown was the finale to a wonderful series and I loved it. Because of Miss Bridgerton was a prequel novel to an all-time favorite series and I loved that. The Trials of Apollo is a new spinoff series by Percy Jackson’s creator and since I love, love, love those books, I had my fingers crossed. I loved this. Fantastic. His last outing was less than stellar for me, but this I loved. Then I slipped a bit with The Sassy Belles. Dear Beth Albright, this is not a romance novel. This was a mystery novel masquerading as romance and I hated it. Livlife.
Me Before You is an interesting read and about to be a movie. Not sure if I love or hate this book. The two by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer (Picoult’s daughter) are a FABULOUS little fairy tale that I adored. And then Cinderella was a butchering of the classic fairy tale, it made me irate that people are allowed to do that.
Loved Heir and the Spare, I wish there were more books like this. The other books on the list were just random romances I found. Liked: Love, Beer & Chocolate, The One that Got Away, Her Backup Boyfriend, and Love Me Tender. Didn’t like: The Five Deaths of Roxanne Love, Marry Me for Money, and Claiming Victory.
And that, as they say, is that. On the year, I’m at 56 books, currently on pace for 135 books. But, let’s be real, summer is here and we all know I read like a fiend in the summertime. If only I could find some new books. I’m searching my hardest, we shall see.