Well, well, well, no one thought to remind me that I hadn’t posted this yet?
In my favorite month of the year I’m always a busy girl. Things to do, presents to open, that sort of thing. Therefore, my expectations are pretty low for books. In fact, 19 books is the most I’ve ever read, the other three years I’ve been tracking were 7, 6, and 5, reverse chronologically.
Imagine my surprise to pack eighteen new books into my calendar in my birthday month!
Here’s what I was reading.
March: (18 books)
- Royal – Winter Renshaw^
- Six of Hearts – L.H. Cosway^
- Lucian Devine – Renee Carlino^
- Goodbye Days – Jeff Zentner
- Rock Addiction – Nalini Singh^
- Three Little Words – A.J. Pine^
- The One Real Thing – Samantha Young^
- Wait for It – M. O’Keefe^
- Blush for Me – Kristen Proby^
- Unexpected Fate – Harper Sloan^
- Goodbye Paradise – Sarina Bowen^
- Truth or Beard – Penny Reid^
- Grin and Beard It – Penny Reid^
- Beard Science – Penny Reid^
- Every Little Thing – Samantha Young^
- Openly Straight – Bill Konigsberg^
- Openly, Honestly – Bill Konigsberg^
- Honestly Ben – Bill Konigsberg^
What a great month (in so many ways!). The first three were duds. Then Rock Addiction and Unexpected Fate, both of which were unimpressive. But, the other 13 books I read this month were terrific.
Goodbye Days is already a contender for best book of the year, seriously one of the best books I’ve ever read. (In case you’re wondering, Elena, you will hate this, Kelly, I would assume no, but you could try it, Mom, I think you would like it).
Three of these (Blush For Me, Three Little Words, and Wait for It) were continuations in a series. All three were excellent entries to their respective series’. I also tackled two new series, the three by Bill Konigsberg, which is a completed trilogy and The Beard books, which is an ongoing series, these are just the ones completed.
I have written previously of my love of Sarina Bowen, so kudos to her for putting out her new book for my birthday. It was stellar. I adored it.
I adored the readings. All of them, even the bad ones. I love a good month of reading and this one was exemplary. What a ‘happy birthday to me’ sentiment that is.
As for our update. Through the end of March, I had read 63 books, which put me on pace to read 252 books this year. Yikes. That would be amazing. I guess we’ll see how it goes. We are headed into nicer weather and you know how I love to read outside!