And apparently I never blogged my April books. As I am prepping for the May blog, I probably should get this one in.
Plus, this was a great month of reading for me, so I want to remember, and share with you.
April: (15 books)
- Daughter of the Pirate King – Tricia Levenseller
- The Opposite of You – Rachel Higginson^
- Never Sweeter – Charlotte Stein^
- How to Keep a Boy From Kissing You – Tara Eglington^
- Retrieval – Aly Martinez^
- Shadow’s Seduction – Kresley Cole
- Twist – Kylie Scott^
- Ex Games – Stella Rhys^
- If You Were Mine – Melanie Harlow^
- The Conspiracy of Us – Maggie Hall^
- Map of Fates – Maggie Hall^
- All Chained Up – Sophie Jordan
- Hell Breaks Loose – Sophie Jordan
- Fury on Fire – Sophie Jordan
- Only Everything – Kieran Scott
And there you have it. Surprisingly high count of print books this month, 1/3, which is way above average. The first book of the month, Daughter of the Pirate King, is a debut author and I adored this book. Fun and intriguing read, just entertaining from cover to cover. I did not know, until the final few pages, that this was a series and I have to wait a year for the next one. ARGH (as the pirates say.)
The Opposite of You is the new romance by a beloved author. I liked this one a lot. I didn’t love it, but I did like it.
Conspiracy of Us and Map of Fates are the first two in a trilogy that I really enjoyed. The final one is out this summer and I can’t wait to read how it ends.
All Chained Up, Hell Breaks Loose, and Fury on Fire are a trilogy by Sophie Jordan that I did not know what to expect but turned out to enjoy more than I thought.
Overall, a great reading month. Not without its bombs (Retreival? Can I get those two hours back please?) but overall a pleasant month of good books.
The end of April found me at 78 books on the year so far, headed for a total of 234 books on the year. We will see how it all shakes out.
Stay tuned for May, in a couple of days. I still think I can squeeze in another book or two. We shall see….