Sweet Mary and Joseph, I meant to stay on top of my book lists this year and then I blinked and I’m three months behind. How does that happen? I honestly can’t remember much about May, so I’ll just jump to the list and hope the books were somewhat memorable.
May books (15 books)
- Complete Nothing – Kieran Scott
- Devil in Spring – Lisa Kleypas
- Wicked Abyss – Kresley Cole
- The Trials of Apollo: The Dark Prophecy – Rick Riordan
- Shy Girls Write it Better – May Sage^
- The Girl From Everywhere – Heidi Heilig^
- The Perfect Illusion – Winter Renshaw^
- Bitter Rivals – Winter Renshaw^
- Arrogant Playboy – Winter Renshaw^
- The Ship Beyond Time – Heidi Heilig^
- The Crown’s Game – Evelyn Skye^
- The Crown’s Fate – Evelyn Skye^
- 180 Seconds – Jessica Park^
- Strange the Dreamer – Laini Taylor
- Red Sister – Mark Lawrence^
Whew! This was a surprisingly good month of books. Devil in Spring is the continuation of a series I enjoy, where the characters are related to the characters of another series I enjoyed. Sounds convoluted, is actually quite nice. I always enjoy Kresley Cole’s IAD series, and this new entry did not disappoint. The same goes for the new Rick Riordan.
The duology from Heidi Heilig was delightful and completely unlike anything I’ve read before. I enjoyed them both and recommend them heartily if you don’t mind a bit of fantasy and history in your reading.
Same with The Crown’s duology, which I found browsing about the Heilig books.
Strange the Dreamer is a book I was looking forward to for a long time. It was okay. It was a bit of a letdown. I wanted it to be so much more than it was. It was so close to being an excellent idea.
Red Sister was another unusual choice that I enjoyed. Nun assassins. Need I say more?
Lastly we have 180 Seconds. I was woefully unprepared when I read this book. I simply wasn’t expecting it. And it may well be the best book I read all year. We shall see.
And that, my friends, was May. At the end of May I had 93 books completed, on pace to read 223 books. Stay tuned….