It is now the first week of March and my reading year is well underway. February, our shortest month of the year, is typically not a huge reading month for me. In the past five months of February, I have read 14, 2, 4, 13, & 12 books in the month. Last month? I read 24. Nearly a book a day in Feb. I’m even impressed with me.
February: (24 books)
- Flat-Out Love – Jessica Park^
- Man Hands – Sarina Bowen & Tanya Eby^
- Ready to Run – Lauren Layne^
- Fallen Heir – Erin Watt^
- Poison Princess – Kresley Cole*
- The Love Experiment – Ainslie Paton^
- Trophy Husband – Lauren Blakely^
- The Difference Between Us – Rachel Higginson^
- Temporary – Sarina Bowen & Sarah Mayberry^
- Christmas at Two Love Lane – Keiran Kramer^
- Endless Knight – Kresley Cole*
- Dead of Winter – Kresley Cole*
- Day Zero – Kresley Cole*
- Arcana Rising – Kresley Cole*
- The Dark Calling – Kresley Cole
- Brooklynaire – Sarina Bowen^
- The Smallest Part – Amy Harmon^
- The Law of Moses – Amy Harmon^
- Sincerely, Carter – Whitney G. ^
- Being Brooke – Emma Hart^
- All I Ask – Nicole McLaughlin^
- The Lovely Reckless – Kami Garcia^
- The Idea of You – Robinne Lee^
- Different Kind of Forever – Dee Ernst^
So that’s a good list. I reread the Kresley Cole Arcana Chronicles series in anticipation of the new book, the first in almost two years. It was very good, the new one. As a whole, possibly my favorite series of all-time.
Man Hands is a funny book. The Love Experiment is a great read, I really liked it a lot. The Smallest Part was great, but The Law of Moses, part of the same series is excellent. A contender for book of the year. My favorite read of the month? Brooklynaire. Goodness I love Sarina Bowen. Excellent installment in her Brooklyn Bruisers series, but written so that it does not need to be read in order. Just great.
Not so great? The Idea of You. I loved the concept of this book, but the writing is bad. It is so pretentious and unrealistic that I kind of want to smack the author on principle. Different Kind of Forever I read literally because a review of The Idea of You said that it was the same concept done better. So I thought I’d find out. It is a very similar concept. And it is better, yes, but still not good. Finally, Christmas at Two Love Lane. Boy, did it surprise me how much I did not like this book. I love her historicals, but this was my first foray into contemporaries with her. I expected to like this and couldn’t believe not only that I didn’t, but how MUCH I didn’t. I have another contemporary, a different series, by her on my bookshelf. I’m now hesitant to try it. Maybe someday.
So there you have it, my February books. I ended the month with 43 books, having me on pace to read 258 books. As always, we shall see how it goes.