Here we go again! Kicking off a new year of book blogging. I once again set my sights on 175 books. I decimated that total last year, but I think that was highly unusual for me. However, today, on this first day of February, I have a solid start, with 19 books. Now, to be fair, the first 18 were MN Book Award selections, but I did read them. On my own, I chose and read one single book in January, which just leaves the field wide open for February. The first 18 are listed in alphabetical order by title, as I can’t remember exactly what order I read them.
January: (19 books)
- Bearer of the Pearls – Terry Faust
- The Bite of Winter – Bethany Helwig
- Bold Women of Medicine: 21 Stories of Astounding Discoveries, Daring Surgeries, and Healing Breakthroughs – Susan M. Latta
- City of Angels – Kristi Belcamino
- The Devils You Know – MC Atwood
- Echo Island – Edward Karlow
- The Exo Project – Andrew DeYoung
- Just a Girl – Carrie Mesrobian
- Kollected: The Lake Hunters – JS Welles^
- The Last Thing You Said – Sara Biren
- Nico & Tucker – Rachel Gold
- Painted Hives – Jay Ebben
- Piper – Jay Asher & Jessica Freeberg
- Sucktown, Alaska – Craig Dirkes
- Thief’s Cunning – Sarah Ahiers
- Things I’m Seeing Without You – Peter Bognanni
- The Town Build on Sorrow – David Oppegaard
- Unfolding – Jonathan Friesen
- Stud in the Stacks – Pippa Grant^
There you have it. My strong start to the year. Of the Book Award books, I liked City of Angels, The Last Thing You Said, The Exo Project, and Things I’m Seeing Without You. I can’t really give you more information, just that I liked those.
Stud in the Stacks was my pick to start the year and what a pick it was! This is a story about a male librarian who reads romance novels. It’s like a love letter to romance told from a guy’s perspective and it’s funny. I loved it. Great pick to start my reading year.
Okay then, 19 books so far. On pace to read 228 books. We shall see how it goes!